Dr. Clark Garner
Clark Garner was born in Augusta GA and graduated from Aquinas High School in 1980. After completion of undergraduate studies at the University of Georgia and Augusta College, he completed his MD degree at the Medical College of Georgia in 1990. He then completed 4 years in Internal Medicine residency training including the final year as Chief Medical Resident. He went on to complete 3 years of fellowship training in Pulmonary Diseases and Critical Care Medicine at the Medical College of Georgia finishing in June 1997.
He holds active board certifications in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Diseases, and Critical Care Medicine and has practiced Pulmonary/Critical Care in Griffin, Georgia and Augusta, Georgia for 19 years.
In March 2015, he opened up Pulmonary MD which is a private Pulmonology practice offering a full range of pulmonary services including pulmonary function tests, xray, diagnostic labs, nebulizer therapy, and videobronchoscopy.
He is married to Joy and they have 2 adult children and 2 dogs. In their spare time, they enjoy running, biking and old movies.
- Specialty Care Service Line Physician, Pulmonary & Critical Care, Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center, 2007-2015
- PCT-C Staff Physician, Primary Care Service Line, Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center, 2005-2007
- Private Practice, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University Medical Associates, Augusta, GA, 2000-2005
- Private Practice, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine of Griffin, Griffin, GA 1997-2000
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, GRU Health, Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary & Critical Care 2008-present
- Medical Director, Critical Care Unit, Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center, 2008-2015
- Medical Director, Respiratory Therapy, Charlie Norwood VA Medical Centr, 2008-2012
- Medical Management, Critical Care, Executive, Performance Improvement, & Clinical Executive Board Committees Member, 1997-2015
- Best Doctors in America 2005-2015
- Fellow, American College of Chest Physicians Alpha Omega Alpha 1995
- Resident Achievement Award, Internal Medicine 1992-1993
- Resident of the Year, Internal Medicine 1992-1993
- Intern of the Year, Internal Medicine 1990-1991
- John W. Pearce Award in Organic Chemistry, Augusta College 1986
- Phi Kappa Phi, Augusta College 1985
Board Certifications & Licensure
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine 1993, Re-Certified 2003 & 2015
- Pulmonary Diseases 1997, Re-Certified 2007
- Critical Care Medicine 1998, Re-Certified 2008
- Licensed in the State of Georgia
Education and Training
- Fellowship, Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, 1994-1997
- Chief Resident, Internal Medicine, Medical College of Georgia 1993-1994
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, 1991-1993
- Internship, Internal Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, 1990-1991
- MD, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA, 1986-1990
- BS in Biology, Augusta College, Augusta, GA 1983-1986
Hate paying high Co-Pay fees?
Urgent MD provides fast, exceptional medical care, both urgent care and primary care, all at primary care co-pay rates, which are lower than urgent care co-pay rates. We are the lowest priced urgent care operator in the CSRA! We also gladly accept Medicare and Medicaid patients.